Roofworks is a leading Roofing & Solar Contracting Company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. We’re a family run, local roofing company serving clients all over Atlantic Canada. Ever since we opened for business back in 2000, we’ve taken a comprehensive approach to roofing, providing our clients with a wide range of roofing services to cover their building and remodeling needs. We are constantly raising the bar of standards set within our industry. We are always investing in our company, we invest in training staff, we keep up to date on the newest roofing procedures and technologies, we invest in our equipment so we can provide a quick and affordable roofing system designed for you, we invest in our future and in renewable technologies, and we believe in providing a safe and happy work environment for our staff. What really sets us apart is our strong desire to provide our customers with a high quality roofing system and experience like no other. We take pride in our craft, our team and our quality of workmanship.
Roofworks Roofing and Solar is hiring a Site Foreman. Skills required for this position include
but are not limited to:
- Schedule crews to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities on-site
- Communicate between work crews, Owner and customers
- Ensure staff are complying with contracted scope of work
- Coordinate required safety and quality inspections
- Identify staff non-compliance with safety, health and environmental quality standards
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team
- Maintain daily log of on-site activities
- May be required to complete foreman duties at multiple sites, simultaneously
- Ensure all deficiencies identified are corrected
- Complete daily pre and post work site inspections
- Preside over weekly meetings designed to coordinate work activities
- Issues notices of non-compliance to staff in regards to quality or work or scheduling
- Ensure that job site is always kept clean and organized
- Assist in bidding, quotes and obtaining permits where required
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-5 years previous Foreman or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail
- Team player, positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding position including working at heights and lifting up to 50lbs
Pay will be compensated based on experience. Health and Dental benefits, Group company matched RRSP and overtime available.
Want to Join our Team?
We’re always looking for new talent to join our growing team. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package and a chance to work with an experienced and supportive group of people. Help us reinvent the roofing industry – it starts with you!